- What are your full names, your age (if you don’t mind), your current position and what does a day in it look like?
John Oranga, 27.
An Operations Associate with 60 Decibels which is this cool social impact start up.
Since we listen to end customers, my typical day involves improving workflow processes and helping the team be more efficient at what they do.
- What 5 words best describe you as a person career wise?
A smart, loving, kind, honest and dedicated not so young man.
- What are you most proud of accomplishing throughout your career?
Giving hope to young mothers and just helping them realize a dream bigger than their environment. I probably should revisit that phase of my career journey.
- What would you do differently in your career if you had a chance?
I still do that but I would learn more technical skills and try to listen more (laughs hysterically) … earlier on, I argued a lot even with facts. Now I listen a little more/better and try to get other peoples perspectives.
- What advice do you have for that young man or woman who wants to venture into a career similar to yours? Where would they start?
I honestly don’t have a solid one here but I’d request them to volunteer their time at different places if they have the time and capacity. In doing so they realize their path.
Also, be open to new concepts and ideas and once you realize what makes you happy, pursue that.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.