These are few tips on how to get your life, grow up, mature and adult.
- Take care of your health and your body: This can be achieved by working out, eating healthy and going for regular checkups.
- Getting your finances in order: This one is key and it includes taxes, budgeting, credit scores etc.
- Organize your life: There are so many methods to organize your life e.g., google calendar, note pads, which can help you to stay on track
- Take ownership: Taking ownership simply means not blaming other people, apologizing when you make a mistake and mean it, not lying hence finding ways to express how you feel while being honest and tactful which in turn builds your integrity.
- Ask for help: This is especially for the independent people because most of them rarely ask for help.
“The worst thing is not doing your work and expecting someone else to do it for you. “
“You have to do it for yourself first. Trip, fall, validate yourself but once you figure out as much as you can on your own, then ask for help because now the help you’re seeking is coming from a place of experience than the place of ideas, thoughts and nothing rooted in anything.”
- Learn how to be a good friend: Being a good friend means listening without judging and not being envious or jealous.
- Clean up after yourself: Do your house chores regularly.
- Have fun: It’s okay to have fun. E.g. you can do it on weekends, doing things you’re passionate about, spending time with your family and friends.
Life isn’t about being an adult. It’s about being a well learned being that is responsible and knows how to have fun.
Author: Everlyne Malimo
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.