Want to feel and look stylish, keeping up with ever-changing trends in fashion without spending a fortune? We all know how difficult it can be to get those known brands and flashy labels when your bank account is closer to single digits than it is to the four (or more) digits prices of these items. You need not do head-to-toe designer outfits, but instead, keep it simple and classic with trends that are easy to pull together. Well, if we were chatting over a cup of tea this is precisely what I would tell you to do.
Here are some tips:
1. Invest in a tailor; instead of buying pricey outfits in the famous stores, you can buy cheaper threads and then have it tailored to fit
2. Go for second-hand clothes stores; either at Gikomba or your favorite market around and there you can find a huge range of designer clothes which are priced more affordably
3. Discounted stores; These are also a great deal when it comes to shopping on a budget. Shop at discounted stores (like Backyard, Bata, Mr. Price) if you are yearning for the real labels at an affordable price. Take advantage of seasonal offers and sales at different fashion outlets when they sell the clothes and shoes you often admire more affordably.
4. Shop at online outlets for great bargains for example on AliExpress, Amazon or Wish
5. Buy in bulk; even if it means going on a shopping spree with your friends join hands and buy a dozen items at a wholesale price or a discounted price.
6. Take advantage of online daily or weekly sales (Black Friday sales, Easter offers, Mother’s Day’s offers) to name but a few.
7 Shop off season; during off seasons most of the outlets sales are normally not exaggerated and in most cases are discounted.
Looking fashionable and stylish doesn’t have to cause a dent in your bank account if you follow these tips.
Even as you become budget-conscious, remember you want to look trendy, not tacky. Therefore put in mind the following as you pull together your outfit;
*Avoid mixing patterns
* Wear pieces that are in good condition
* Avoid supper high heels or other uncomfortable designs
* Use underwear/bra that create a smooth lining under your clothes
*Choose black over bright colors
*Match your accessories
* Keep your hair and nails neat
* Smell good
Remember there is no quicker way to ruin a good and stylish fashion than a dirty smelly body and a bad pair of shoes.
Author: Caroline Nyaga; Fursa Africa, Fashion& Style
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.