COVID 19 has brought about different dynamics in the society today. A world that was free for all came to a standstill when the virus broke out. The most affected sector was the hospitality industry and with the virus leading to a lot of antisocial habits, most people have reduced on traveling to destinations.
Lock down around different parts of the world has also led to a great effect to the sector. A lot of people lost their jobs and livelihood because of the virus. The good news is that a vaccine has been found and most countries are already rolling it out. With this in mind, we can start planning our vacation and this can be easily done on a budget.
Let’s discuss how traveling on a budget:
- Plan ahead for your destination: Depending on your family structure you can plan ahead for your dream vacation. By planning ahead, you will be able to look at different destination and work according to your budget. Once you settle on a destination it will be easier to look at various accommodation facilities, plan how to travel there and also plan on the things you want to do there. Planning will help you work within your budget.
- Travel out of season: It’s always good to travel out of season especially if you are having a vacation alone, with a spouse or just friends. Out of season rates are always cheap and there are various offers during this time. Most places are always not congested at this time
- Book flights in advance: After planning on the destination you are going to, book flights in advance. This helps you get cheaper rates and sometimes you might be lucky and find offers available. For example, Jambo jet always has offers where a flight return ticket can be as low as Kes.5000 to a destination they are offering. If possible you can plan your vacation and the flying dates to both be during mid-week since fares towards weekends are higher
- Book trains to some destinations: When going to destinations where trains can be used it better to use them because they are cheaper compared to flights. You can even choose to go one way using flight and another way using the train.
- Pack properly and well: It’s always wise to take everything you need when going for a vacation and pack only what is necessary. Over-packing will cost you more baggage which will make you pay more if your using a flight while also forgetting something important things will cost you.
- Group travel: If you are a group of friends, colleagues or couples going for vacation together is a good thing. You will be able to cut costs and also build memories together as a unit. It’s always very fun when travelling together.
- Use services of an agent: it’s always advisable to use the services of an agent when planning for a vacation. This is because they are able to walk with you from the start of your vacation to the end. Agents can also be able to give you various options and ensure that the vacation is as per your budget. Agents always come in handy when you want to change a travel date or even a destination. The service they offer will always give you a smooth and stress free vacations so don’t be shy to engage any of them.
Let’s plan the vacation.
Author: Nicole Kimondo (0727 733 658)
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.