Grants Coordinators – Multiple (Kenyan National Position)
Region East Africa & Yemen, Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC is recruiting three grants coordinators based with NRC East Africa & Yemen regional office. The Grants Coordinators are member staff of the NRC Regional Office. The main purpose of the position is to coordinate project and donor proposals and ensure efficient grants administration, including timely and quality reporting
- One will have specific duties to support existing consortia in the region, and particularly the BRCiS (Building Resilient Communities in Somalia) Consortium. Contract duration is 12 months renewable subject to funding
- One will provide essential grant management support to the Grants Manager in delivering quality programs in line with the NRC Somalia strategy. Contract duration is 12 months renewable subject to funding
- One will support the remaining projects handled by East Africa and Yemen regional office. Contract Duration is until 30 June 2021
Duties and responsibilities
Documentation and Reporting
- Coordinate and consolidate reports for donors, partners, ensuring all reporting requirements of donors are delivered on time and in a quality manner
- Support the Head of Programme Support Unit, Grants Manager or BRCiS programme Manager by responding to information requests, drafting success stories, and monitoring and reporting on the impact of the various core competency programs.
- Ensure quality of program writing, reports and informal updates.
- Ensure the grants tracker of all projects is up to date.
- Maintain program files and ensure copies of donor concept notes, proposals, contracts and reports are correctly filed.
- Ensure that all programme staff and partners are aware of requirements and conditions of grant agreements and contracts, through the use of the PCM (Go-no go/proposal planning meeting/grant opening/mid/closing meetings) and other methods.
- Ensure that grant coordination systems and processes are successfully implemented across the life of the grant. Ensure that key controls are in place to support effective management of the funding portfolio and compliance with the donor requirements.
- Design and conduct capacity building on donor compliance, report writing, project and budget monitoring, record keeping, and grants management
- Contribute to new and existing program designs to ensure donor rules and regulations are met
Review and edit all grants and proposals ensuring logical flow and continuity across the document.
- Support the Head of Programme Support Unit, Grants Manager, or BRCiS Program Manager with the development of strategy and/or position papers.
- Work with program teams and partners to coordinate and draft concepts and proposals
- Ensure that the parts of the budget related to program outputs correspond with the proposal narrative and log frame before submission for review.
Communications and Representation
- Develop and implement communications strategy in conjunction with the Head of Programme Support Unit, Grants Manager or BRCiS Program Manager
- Ensure compliance with all donor/organizational communications initiatives.
- Facilitate information sharing among internal and appropriate external audiences.
- Carry out tasks on a need basis in agreement with the Head of Programme Support Unit, Grants Manager or BRCiS Program Manager
- University degree in project management
- At least 5 years of relevant experience within the field of expertise
- Relevant experience from project management and grants coordination in the humanitarian sector
- Experience from working with humanitarian and development donors
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations. Excellent understanding of DFID and EU rules and regulations, in particular, will be an asset
- Skills and experience in coordinating proposal development processes with multiple partners
- Skills and experience in report writing
- Strong communication, coordination, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills (data and financial)
- Mentoring and capacity development skills
- Ability to mediate in high-stress scenarios with competing interest
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Above average computer skills
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Strong Analysis skills
- Handling insecure environments
We can offer
Contract Duration: renewable subject to availability of funding
Job Grade: 7
Travel: 50% within the East Africa & Yemen region
Duty station: Nairobi
*Open to Kenyan Nationals Only*
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.